I'm not ready anymore
I shake too much
that I might make a plane crash
I'm not ready to let go
and stop holding on
I'm not ready to
be left alone
and to try picking myself up
I'm not ready to be heartbroken
I'm not ready to be "just friends"
I'm not ready to be older
or what people call wiser
age never made a difference
I still feel seven
I'm not ready
to calm down
to stop crying
or to be the bigger person
I'm not ready
I'm not ready
I swear I'm not ready
Why does everyone seem so sure
I still get scared of the dark
and I laugh on a regular basis
I'm not ready for that to end
I'm not ready
I'm not ready
someone please
just hold me back
because I'm not ready
be anything you want me to be
I'm not ready to be
the new world and age revolutionary
imaginary freedom fighter
I'm not ready
I'm not ready
Oh for christ sakes
I'm really not ready.