there's something so beautiful about people
at their worst
I have a friend
too angry to control himself
so self destructive
he makes bombs want to implode on themselves
I'm talking really fucked up
from body to mind up
he can't even think straight from all
the devils and demons he's thunk up
but there's something about this guy
no this man
that I so admire
he makes these bones feel weak
and makes these lips almost quiver too much to speak
He calls himself hateful
but all I wish is to be full of him
emotionally
I want to wrap myself around every thought in his head
and know all the things that haven't yet been said,
but how do you explain to someone who has never known love
that you would do anything for them
throw yourself on to train tracks for them
how do you make someone comprehend
that you love their stupid fucked up head
and you like that they see things different
than society sees them
I want to hold his hand one day
and mend whatever cut or burns he leaves on himself
I'm too anxious to be kept on his shelf
but I'll wait patiently
hoping
wishing
that he realizes
that I love him at his best
but even better at his worst.