Lies weaved within promises and laced with regret. As I lay here writing on a napkin in the pitchness of darkness and with a leaky pen I write the unforgiveable lies that trail inside this heart.....
I lied about everything I really am
in all honesty if these lungs were not filled with air
and this body was not so tangible
then I may be considered something out of Tim Burton's head
though I do not like to flatter myself so.
I lied about the voices in my head
they're louder than they lead on
and the people that I yet so depise
I find a bit of tenderness in their eyes
I get along with a chip on my shoulder
and a hole in my heart
I love a man with a large heart
and an even bigger mind
I find myself pondering the many wonders of the world
from the comfort of my bedroom closet
and each night that I say I love you
I never get the chance to tell you that
I'm a bit obsessed with you.
Forgive me for my creepy tails
they're easier to hear like music
in my head
forgive me for almost being dead
it seems that non-existant gods
enjoy me as a joke
I speak in my head
and dance out loud.
Have you ever seen a dying tree
if you have
then you've seen me
quietly lurking in your head
speaking all the words unsaid.
Pardon me I've lied again.